Sunday, August 9, 2015

Other stuff besides more pictures of Coco

This is quickly turning into an all-Coco-all-the-time blog.  So here's a recap of everyone else while you wait for kitten pictures.  Kiddos are fine and healthy.  School starts in two weeks.  Will had basketball camp this week which he enjoyed.  His coaches filled out a little evaluation form for each camper and Will had high marks in ball handling, ability to get along with teammates, attitude and coachability.    He needed new shoes for basketball camp and four stores and a bit of grumpiness later (mostly on my part), we found acceptable footwear.  Will wears a 4.5 shoe and he's growing like a week.  At the beginning of the summer, his head fit firmly in my armpit, now he's almost to my shoulders.

Reina, what can I say about Reina.  She had her first 'big girl' haircut at the place I go to a few weeks ago. She enjoyed sitting in the chair and chatting with the beautician.  In looking through the blog, I realize that I forgot to memorialize an important event from this summer - Reina got her ears pierced.  How did I leave this one out?  The week after she finished kindergarten, we went to the mall, she picked out little blue stars and we got her pierced.  She was a trooper and didn't shed any tears.  Enough time has past now that she has traded out the little blue stars for a never-ending parade of kittens, ducks, owls, whales (?) and precious little baby deer earrings (thanks Aunt Vicky!).  I have pictures of the ear piercing extravaganza but they are on my phone and it's on the other side of the room and that's the kind of evening I'm having. 

We camped this past weekend with the Omaha Pauleys and had a great time.  Pictures coming from that soon.  Last weekend, Glenn and I did a race in Estes Park with the Fry's and we had a great time and we have pictures from that too.  We took Coco camping on both trips so by 'pictures' I mostly mean 20 snaps of a little kitten sitting on a sleeping bag.  But she was a trooper and we all enjoyed getting out of town for a few days. 

And it's bedtime. Pictures to come! 

No comments: