Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My birthday

My something-something birthday was Saturday and it was just a really nice day.  Reina had asked me a few days before if I was having a party with my friends, but no such plans like that this year.  She probably hoped we were going to rent some bouncy houses or get our nails painted.  Don't forget the goody bags. 

On the morning of my birthday, I slept in for a few extra minutes and when I came downstairs, I had smiling faces and presents waiting for me.  The night before, Reina had been telling me about seeing a scary doll at the mall. I wasn't sure what she was talking about but then she told me, "I saw the vampire doll when I was on the super secret shopping trip with daddy."  Oh... unbeknownst to me, Glenn came home from work early on Friday and took the kids to the mall. All. By. Him. Self. 

So back to my birthday.  I unwrapped a new Broncs hat from Will - it's orange!  Reina gave me the first season of Downton Abbey and pointed out that lady who looks like the teacher from Harry Potter. I wonder if Maggie Smith likes that she's known to a whole generation as that lady from Harry Potter?  Glenn gave me a bigger lens for my camera which I'm super excited about.  Close up pictures of school programs and sporting events, watch out!  Grandma gave me a cool little gadget that attaches to the lens cap of the camera and keeps it from getting lost.  There was also a card from Pop-pop and a happy birthday check.  Yah! 

Later in the morning, I jogged and then the girls in the family met Baby Cousin and Aunt Vicky for lunch where I got even more presents and a delicious meal.  And some smiles from Baby C. 

Saturday night, Vicky and Matt and Ainsley came over for bbq and we all watched football for a while.  It was a nice start to what I hope will be a very happy year.   

No comments: