Thursday, October 30, 2014

Baby Cousin birthdays and a Halloween Preview

Once again, I find myself woefully behind on blogging duties.  But I'm also behind at work and the house is clean-ish but there are giant stacks of paper needing my attention and the giant cupboard in the bathroom is leaking with expired cough medicine.... so what I'm saying is that at least I'm consistent, right?
 
Anyway, we helped celebrate Baby Cousin's FIRST birthday a few weeks ago.  Her mom and dad hosted a lovely little Broncos themed birthday party - what else could it be, really?  We had such a great time helping the cutest little niece on the planet to celebrate her big day. 
I volunteered to make the cake. I briefly toyed with the idea of trying to make a bundt cake into a Broncos helmet but the look Glenn gave me when I shared that idea convinced me to just add some blue and orange sprinkles and call it good.  Oh ye of little faith. 

We'd barely set foot in the house before someone had somebody else sitting on his lap.  For posterity's sake, I have to point out Ainsley's blue and orange tutu and football leg warmers.  I'm putting those on my Christmas list - if they have them in adult sizes I really need a pair. 
 
We sang "happy birthday" and waited to see if Baby Cousin would embrace frosting and sugar or if she'd calmly ask for a veggie tray.  While it's hard to tell in this picture, the cupcake and frosting was a hit.  See, she is related to me! 
Reina encouraged AP to tackle that cupcake already. 
The great costume dilemma of 2014 finally ended when Will decided to be a Union Soldier.  Have I mentioned that already?  Glenn and Will found a blue button down shirt at Goodwill, I spent a few bucks on brass buttons and yellow ribbon, and Glenn took it from there. 
This sounds a little weird to type, but Glenn has some serious costume skills.  He has a vision and it's usually much clearer and more specific than my vision and he has way more patience to painstakingly glue yellow ribbon. 
The kids' school hosted their annual Halloween carnival last Friday and both kids were a hit.  There were probably 25 other Elsa's but Reina's homemade costume stood up to the Disney creations and she definitely had the Elsa attitude down pat.
I managed to wrangle Reina's hair into a side braid and check out Will's ammunition pouch.  We don't mess around at the Pauley house. 

Ignore the giant mess exploding out of the kitchen in the background and just focus on the sibling affection.  It lasted for a good 10 seconds. 
Happy Halloween! 

No comments: