Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Kindergarten chatter

Reina is still all aglow with love for Kindergarten. I realized late last week that two years after the fact, I'm finally finding out all of the little details about a kindergartner's day.  Who teaches what, when they have art class, what kind of questions people ask. See Will was pretty tight-lipped about general activities.  I'd get a lot of "I don't know" or "I don't remember" when I'd ask questions.  That's still true today but the good news is that in two years, I'll find out about second grade activities!  But back to Reina.  On just the 10 minute drive home today, I found out the following:

1.  Reina got a cut that required a bandaid.
2.  Someone ate a snack on the bus and that's against the rules.
3.  Someone was swinging on the playground and thought they were going to barf.
4.  Someone in Reina's class likes the color pink and has two dogs.
5.  We used to have three dogs but now we just have two dogs.
6.  Will did not sit by her on the bus and on the playground he was walking backwards and accidentally ran into her which caused her to bleed.  (The walking backwards part is not disputed by Will but he does argue that she didn't actually bleed, her skin was just a little scratched.)
7.  She got a book from the library about a baby who can do a cartwheel on the back of a unicorn.  Isn't that crazy?
8.  Today's letter was "e" and both elephant and eagle start with the letter E. 

There's a lot going on in Reina's big, beautiful brain. 

No comments: