Monday, August 25, 2014

Last day of preschool

Last Wednesday was Reina's very last day at Montessori and her last day of preschool.  I wasn't there (thankfully), I had a work trip that day so Glenn dropped her off and Pop-pop and Grandma picked her up.  I took this picture earlier in the week on my last day dropping her off.  I admit, there were a few tears shed (mine).  This place is special to us.  They've been a partner in getting Will and Reina to where they are today.  As a working outside of the house mom, I've had my share of mommy guilt.  There are days when I know they kiddos would rather stay home and be with us, and there are definitely days when I would to!  But they both had a lot of fun at Montessori and were taken care of by kind, patient people who taught them a lot.  I still remember the day I listened to a tiny Will walking down the stairs counting in Spanish. Reina still lectures us about the rainforest and the continents - Antarctica is a favorite.  My favorite Will Montessori memory was when he proudly told us about the leprechaun hunt for St Patrick's Day and the fact that they looked and looked for the leprechaun and didn't find it, but if they did, Will was going to shoot him.  He didn't always buy into the peaceful, non-violence philosophy that Montessori encourages. 

Toddler thru kindergarten - that was us! 
So it's on to new and exciting adventures for Reina.  Kindergarten starts tomorrow.  Watch out world! 

No comments: