Friday, July 25, 2014

The Fifth

I think I've reached a new low in blogging. I'm now recapping a weekend that took place 3 weeks ago.  In my defense, it's hard to sit down at a computer when there are baseball games to watch, gardens to water, bikes to ride, dogs to yell at and kids to keep an eye on.  Summer is fleeting around these parts and we have to enjoy every day that we can.  It could snow tomorrow!  Well, hopefully not actually tomorrow. 

So I left off on the Fourth.  Here we are at the Fifth.  Glenn likes to take each kid camping one weekend all by themselves. The Fifth was Reina's turn.  She was pretty enthusiastic about the whole experience, even deigning to wear camo hours before it was time to leave. 
I'm pretty sure she has pants on in this picture. 
Someone didn't get to go on the camping trip.  Can you guess who?  I took this picture a few minutes after Glenn, Reina and Tootsie left.  Trigger didn't get to go because he can't be off leash without ending up in Idaho.  I tried to use this as a learning moment.

Me: Trigger, you know what you did and you know why you can't go camping.
Trigger: Blank stare.
Me:  No really Trigger.  Deep down, you know why you didn't get invited. 
Trigger:  Yawn. 
The saddest dog in all of the land.   
 
So Will and I were left to our own devices.  We ran a few boring errands, took a quick nap (me) and then headed up to Vedauwoo for a little hike.   Trigger did get to go with us but he was on leash the whole time.  Not nearly as fun as wild camping but you take what you can get. 
Mom and son selfie.

Will climbed up a few places that I didn't want to climb to.  At 7, he's already braver and much more limber than his old mom. 

After Vedauwoo, Will and I came back and watched a local baseball game - the Cheyenne Grizzlies.  They play in the MBCL league (google it) and it was pretty fun baseball.  We sat right behind the catcher and Will called the balls and strikes.  He also could see someone sitting near us with a radar gun and kept me updated on the pitch speed.  We have a full blown baseball fan on our hands. 

So now July 5th is updated.  I just have the 6th- 25th to complete now.  No problem! 

No comments: