Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chocolate milk and donuts

Today I took Will and Reina for their booster shot for the H1N1 vaccine. While we were driving there, Will asked me where we were going. When I told him "the dr's office" he happily announced that we would go get chocolate milk and a donut afterwards. See, like a month and a half ago, I had a few minutes to kill after taking him to the doctor in the morning, so he and I (as a special treat) stopped off and had (A HEALTHY!!) breakfast before I dropped him off at school. It struck me as ironic that he would remember an event from 30+ days ago but routinely forgets where his shoes, lunchbox, firehat, etc. are in the house. The toddler mind is certainly intriguing.

We are gearing up for Christmas here at the Pauley household. The tree is up and decorations are scattered throughout the house. Will is starting to figure out that something special is going on. He told me today that he wanted a new robot and when I told him that he'd have to wait until Christmas, he informed me that it already is Christmas! Dec. 25 can't come soon enough for some folks around here.
Hey look - it's a picture of the elusive toddler! He's actually saying "Merry Christmas" in this picture. It was the only way I could get him to stand still for 2 seconds.
Reina still isn't crawling but she's figured out a better way to get around. Here are the step by step instructions.

You start by looking cute. Then you lean forward as far as you can (it would take the removal of several vertebra for me to be able to bend like that) and push off on the floor.

Pull with your arms and scooch with your fanny. Continue this technique as you get closer to your target. Almost there! Gotcha! This was the last picture I took before the camera was pried out of my fingers.



Hope you are staying warm out there. We've had negative temperatures all week and that hasn't included the wind chill. There's a heat wave coming in and it's supposed to be 30 degrees tomorrow. Whoo-hoo! Hope your days are filled with chocolate milk and donuts.

2 comments:

Justin and Kristi said...

I am so glad to see another baby crawling like Joni! That is exactly how she does it too and she LOVES the tile floor because she can fly! I will have to post video so you can laugh at how similar they are! Have a Merry Christmas. Hope all is well with your family! We sure miss Wyoming!

Alyson said...

I'm back. Why do I let so much time go by before checking anyone's blog? Your kids are sure growing up. Thanks for the updates!