Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Glubs

A year ago, I worried about Will's language development. At the time, he was a man of few words and those few words were fairly undecipherable for people outside of his inner circle. These days, I cannot get the kid to stop talking. Will has opinions about everything and drops in a new word practically every day. His pronunciation can still be a little tough (glubs = gloves) but at least you can ask him questions to find out exactly what he's saying. Here are some phrases that we hear WAY TOO OFTEN:


Mama, I need you for a second!
I wanna tell you something!
Baby - go sit in timeout!
I don't want your help.
I don't want to go school.
I don't want dinner.
I don't want bath.
seeing a trend here?

Will is a lot of fun right now. He loves to sing and talk about a myriad of rescue vehicles (firetrucks, police cars, ambulances, helicopters). He's adapting pretty well to his new preschool class and hasn't had a potty training accident in more than a week (gasp!)

Reina had her 9-month check-up last week. She weighs 18 pounds (55%) and is 27 inches tall (45%). She's healthy and pretty much the smartest baby girl in the Rocky Mountains (my medical opinion). She's trying her hardest to pull herself up on the furniture and she desperately wants to play with Will's toys instead of her own. She's a delight and I fully expect her to start speaking in complete sentences within a week or two.

No comments: