Sunday, December 6, 2015

A week in just a few pictures

Well the last week blew my post-once-a-day right out of the water.  It's officially the Christmas season and between decorating and cleaning and swim practices and basketball and volleyball and shopping and blahblahblah, I'm swamped.  But the first week of December has been a good one and there are a few people at this house who are very excited for the coming weeks.  The Advent Calendar gets Reina out of bed every morning better than any alarm clock and Coco's new favorite hangout spot in the house is right under the Christmas tree.  I thinks she's part bobcat.  

The weather was warmer this week but when I took this picture last Saturday, it was a chilly night, about 7 degrees or something close.  Cold enough to justify snuggling up to the back of a bird dog and cold enough for the bird dog not to mind.  

On Sunday night, Will and I went to Denver for the Broncos game against New England.  I think the temperature was 19 at kick-off and it dropped a few more degrees while we were there.  We were bundled up pretty good but we still got chilly.  Will was a trooper and we had a great time.  Full disclosure, we left in the middle of the third quarter so we missed the big Broncos comeback and win (!!!) but it was still a fun night.  

Obligatory blurry Broncos selfie.  He's my good luck charm.  
 So here's Coco's new favorite toy.  We accidentally bought a smaller tree this year.  I say 'accidentally' because I really thought it would look bigger when we brought it inside, but I should've been tipped off when I noticed Glenn could carry it into the house with one hand.  But it's a pretty little tree and smells very Christmas-y and Coco looooooooves it.  Right after we set it up, she started racing around the base and jumping up and down and then she curled up underneath. Since we added the ornaments, she thinks its great fun to see how far she can smack an ornament off of the branches.  I'll have more pictures of the decorated tree later but let's just say that this year's tree is mostly devoid of those pretty glass balls and all of the other delicate ornaments are situated up at the top (she hasn't tried to climb it.  Yet.)
Tootsie policing the cat.  
Let the holidays begin!

No comments: